Thursday, August 4, 2011

These Mets are seriosly Flawed

As the New York Mets are in the midst of a four-game losing streak, a lot of Mets fans are surprised by this, seeing that they previously won five in a row. What I say to Mets fans is: "Wake up! I hope that you now realize how flawed this team really is."

I bleed blue and orange -- don't get me wrong. But with them currently at 55-55, it shows you just really how lucky this team has been. And this is not to take credit away from Terry Collins, who is a manager of the year candidate. But this team isn't that good if you compare them to the other teams in the NL East.

It's amazing just how well this team had played. The main problem is pitching. Mike Pelfrey hasn't turned out to be the number-one guy we thought he would be, though we have been surprised by Jonathon Niese and Dillon Gee. But to win, it takes more than just two pitchers.

Another problem is a direction ... what is the identity of the Mets? That is something that needs to be answered for this franchise. For far too long, we have been second-class citizens in our own town. The Yankees, as much as it pains me to say this, have done things the right way. They go out and get talent at the right time and by that I mean, when was the last time the Yankees signed a Kaz Matsui?

I mean really, until the organization realizes what it takes to win. Mets fans will only suffer more. I am just being honest I want them to win, but until they really hit rock bottom, they will just be mediocre -- which is sad.

I wish they could somehow bring that '86 swag back to Queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook