Thursday, August 4, 2011

A little bit about The Mouth

Thanks for checking out my new website. Joel the Mouth here and in case this is your first visit, Welcome to the Fan Forum! The Fan Forum is the place for you, the fan, to be heard. Before we get down to the real deal, let me tell you a little about myself. I am a transplanted New Yorker now living in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, home of the St. Lucie Mets and spring training location for the New York Mets. I am 31 years old, and a Mets fan since birth. However, baseball is not the only sport I know. I love football, basketball, hockey, soccer, boxing, and basically anything that you want to talk about. If I don't know about it, I will research it. The teams that go along with these sports of mine are; Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat (Pre Lebron), New York Islanders and Florida Panthers,my all time favorite boxer is Mike Tyson, for the way he dominated his fights with KO's.
Along with my passion for sports, I have always had a passion for radio and broadcasting. I am a graduate of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting, Westbury, New York campus. While living in New York, I had my own local radio show, paid for through local advertisers. However, I am not just the man behind the mic, I produce my own commercials, look up my own stats, I love taking questions from emails, twitter, and callers, and broadcasting them on my current show, The Fan Forum, on shovio.com.
The reason why I am so interested in sports talk is because I am a long term caller of several different sports talk shows. The worst thing, in my opinion, is waiting 10-15 minutes on hold, for the host to finish his monologue. By that time, anybody could lose track of the question and wording is everything when it comes to a question. Also, sometimes a host can make you feel like an idiot, which is ridiculous because if it wasn't for the fans, there wouldn't be sports to talk about it.
So that is a little about me and my dreams for sports talk. As I mentioned before, I have a show, The Fan Forum on shovio.com, that airs Monday thru Friday from 9pm-10pm. I do several giveaways like tweet of the night, follower giveaway, Sway the Mouth's Mind on facebook. In order to obtain prizes, I go to many sports events and look for collectible items. If you like what you hear and want to join me in my journey to let the voice of the fan be heard, the donation button is there. In my hopes to expand, I would love to be able to get prizes from all over the country (instead of all Mets, Marlins, Dolphins gear. Hope to hear you on my show, twitter, facebook, and of course here, home of the Fan Forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook